Saturday, December 10, 2011

bittersweet



Well, it's official. Finals are over and I'm a free girl. Usually this is the happiest time of the year for me, but this semester has been a lot more bittersweet. I have loved my classes here and am a little sad for them to be over. It is really nice to not have homework to worry about though. This week is going to be so nice to just soak everything up for the last time before I go home without the stress of school work.
Other than studying my head off all week, I also did some fun things. On Monday I went to a local preschool and sang songs with the little kids. They were so cute! They were all Palestinian and couldn't speak English, except to count and sing the alphabet. I loved it! It made me miss my Pre-3 classroom back at the YMCA.



Thursday I went to the International school where the kids from the center go to school for their school play. It was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Marissa Ludlow was Joseph. It was so adorable!! There wasn't enough space for everyone though so I had to share a chair with Sister Harper. It was a good thing the play was only an hour....



Last night was our Jerusalem Center Christmas concert. I was in the choir that sang at the end. We've been practicing since we got here in September, so hopefully we sounded all right. It was really fun. Now I'm all ready for Christmas!
Today I went to the Garden Tomb after church. It was wonderful as usual. A whole bunch of students from the center were there since it was our last sabbath. At the end of our visit we all got together and sang some Christmas hymns. Then we ended with singing I Know That My Redeemer Lives. I felt so much joy being there with so many people that I have grown to love, singing our testimony of the Savior. It was so powerful singing about the resurrection of Jesus Christ in the place where it may have happened. I'm really going to miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment